Course objective :
Developing Data-access layer for Enterprise - application using Hibernate.
Persistence : The process of storing enterprise data in to relational database.
- Hibernate is ORM solution for Java Applications.
- Hibernate is ORM tool given to the transfer the data between a java(object)application and a database(Relational) in the form of the objects. Hibernate is the open source, light weight tool given by Gavin King.
- Hibernate is non-invasive framework, which means it doesn't forces the programmer to extend or implement any class or interface.
- Hibernate can run with-in or with-out server, hence Hibernate is suitable for both stand-alone applications(desktop application) and web-applications.
- Hibernate is purely meant for persistence.