Advantages of Hibernate :
- Hibernate persists java objects directly into the database.
- Hibernate generates efficient queries at runtime.
- Hibernate has its own query language called as HQL which is database independent.
- Hibernate applications are database independent.
- Hibernate supports implicit cashing mechanism.
- Hibernate supports collections like List, Set, Map.
- Hibernate have translators which will convert checked exceptions into unchecked exceptions. So that try, catch blocks are not required.
- Hibernate have different types of algorithms to generate primary key implicitly , while storing the objects in to database.